The reality TV show that brings you heroes taking on criminals and natural disasters, straight to your television screen: Hero TV LIVE!
Hello, ladies and gentlemen! The next season of Hero TV LIVE is just around the corner, and we've got exciting news! Seeing the rush of heroes in the world, the Justice Bureau has given us the okay to open our doors to any heroes out there looking to make a name for themselves!
Signing up is simple! Any hero looking to participate on Hero TV LIVE simply has to turn in the proper paperwork. For those of you old-fashioned types out there, keeping your identity a secret is allowed so long as the company you've contracted with is in willing to allow it. "Freelance" types who want to avoid the bureaucacy are okay, so long as they're approved by the Justice Bureau!
But, remember hero-to-be, without a company to shoulder the financial side you'll be personally accounted for any damage you cause! Anyone without a sponsoring company and unapproved by the Justice Bureau will be treated as vigilantes outside the law! Kids, don't grow up to be vigilantes!
Hero suits will be provided by the sponsor company or must be provided by the hero themself if a sponsor is not chosen. Hero TV will be modifying any suits provided to incoporate our live camera network technology, ensuring viewers a hero's eye view of the action!
Events will be handled as follows:
* When an event begins, I will put a post in the current Hero TV thread; an alert calling for heroes. Players may post one hero each in response to an alert, but more may be allowed if turn-out is low. In your response, please include a 1d20 dice roll. This will be used to determine the turn order.
* Response to the initial alert can be as simple or complex as you want, possibly including details as to how they enter the scene. A simple "Reporting in" or "Responds" is fine, too.
* Heroes that respond do not necessarily have to be signed up for HeroTV, but in such a case, please provide a statement for how they enter the scene, so as to give the GM an idea of how to pull them in.
* After an amount of time passes after an alert has gone up, I'll make a post informing the heroes of the current situation at hand. After that, I will make another post introducing the first person in the turn order.
* Hero players may respond to the crisis in any way they wish. Write as much as you want or as little as you want. The only requirement is to add a 1d20 dice roll to your actions to determine your success.
* After a hero post is made in response to a disaster/criminal action, I will make a post in response to that relaying their degree of success as well as introducing the next hero. After the next hero is introduced, the hero before it is out of the picture until their turn comes again.
* Things will continue in this pace until the situation is resolved or failure has been determined.
* Highlight reels and other additional awards will be given after an event has come to closure.
* I will allow people to post at their pace since this will be a different way of progressing an rp session, but I also withhold the ability to skip someone's turn if they are taking too long.
* I will put a notice in discord if I end up modifying the rules or method in any way, and this thread will be updated to match the current style.
** Of course, Hero TV related posts can happen in the current main rp thread, including incidents. Do so as you wish, but make it good.
With that out of the way, let the sign ups begin!
Hero Name: Blue Rose
Nicknames: Super Idol
Real Name: Karina Lyle
Corporate Sponsor: Titan Industry
Product Sponsors: Pepsi Nex, Pepsi
Power: Ice Control
Other Abilities: Singing, Playing Piano, Dancing, Escaping Cutely
Likes: Older men, Karaoke with friends, reading fashion magazines
Dislikes: People taking advantage of others, memorization, reptiles, D. Va
Favorite Food: Sushi
Catchphrase: "My ice may be a little cold, but your crime has been completely put on hold!"
Hero Name: D.Va
Real Name: Hana Song
Corporate Sponsor: Blizzard Entertainment (Leyang Branch)
Product Sponsors: apmTV, Razer, The Game Bin, various other video game related businesses
Power: None (Fights with her MEKA)
Other Abilities: Light Gun, Gaming skills, Rapid reactions.
Likes: Video Games (especially Star Craft), Winning, Her fans
Dislikes: Pushy fans, Blue Rose, Losing
Favorite Food: Japchae (Korean noodle dish)
Catchphrase: "D.Va's in the game, and now it's GG for your crime spree!"
Hero Name: Iron Man
Real Name: Tony Stark
Corporate Sponsor: Stark Industries
Product Sponsors: Stark Industries
Power: Overwhelming Egotism (also Iron Man suits)
Other Abilities: Industrial genius, Expert engineering, Flight (as Iron Man), Strength (as Iron Man), Speed (even super speed; as Iron Man)
Likes: Money, women, justice, showing off (sometimes), his team, his family, peace, his heroism, Shawarma
Dislikes: Villains, evil, his inventions abused or misused, admitting when he's wrong or his mistakes, injustice, his parents's death
Favorite Food: Pizza
Catchphrase: "Catch phrase? Real… oh, that's a thing you guys do, right. Uh, here, I got one, how about… wait, whaddya mean that thing's already recordi-"
This is a reservation.
Hero Name: Crescento
Nicknames (Optional): Hibi, Short Stuff, "Shut Up"
Real Name: Hibiki Wangetsu
Corporate Sponsor: (None as of yet)
Product Sponsors: (None as of yet)
Power: Rebel Yell - Hibiki's voice is dangerously loud when left unchecked. Luckily, she has her suit to regulate, and even direct and weaponize the volume of her voice!
Other Abilities: Basic Jiu Jitsu Training
Likes: Winning, Attention, Competition, Close Friends, Fighting Villains
Dislikes: Losing, Braggarts, Annoying People, Paperwork, Inaction
Favorite Food: Good Old Fashioned Hamburgers
Catchphrase: 「Indecipherable Yelling」