[ rp / rpm / rpg / erp ] [ fgo ] [ info ] [ manage ]

/rp/ -Roleplay

Dolljoints and boatlights
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Password (For file deletion.)

"I thought Ron and Jon were the same person and we just interspliced whichever we felt like" ~ TC, 6:54pm CST, 11/28/2017

File: 1602181536377.png (22.44 MB,3840x2160)

 No.417625

After much preparation the party that signed up to hunt Xeno'Jiiva is finally together, but first they have to make their way to its lair.
The expedition begins at the Elder's Recess south camp. Let's hope they've got all their stuff in order !

 No.417627

File: 1602186605386.jpg (164.84 KB,480x720)

>>417625
And here is the well-armed and well-armored Sam Gideon, Mach Speed Sam, ready to get this hunt underway
Huh…I feel a little overgeared for this, judging by you lot.

 No.417628

File: 1602187005355.jpg (548.21 KB,850x1114)

>>417627

With that gun?

Looking at this PUNY RIFLE. Naya is packing a HAMMER today.

… if you say so…

 No.417629

File: 1602197712813.jpg (78.62 KB,1024x832)

>>417627
>>417628
Xul arrived recently and has been preparing himself. Empty inventory except his two tomes, a bone spell boosting demon head in a jar, a Green dagger beset with flawless emeralds, and a smaller knife. He puts on a ram skull helm beset with three rune stones
If you are feeling over prepared you are welcome to go ahead of us. Monsters tend to be easier to battle after a meal anyway.

 No.417761

File: 1602233774295.png (133.76 KB,267x419)

>>417627
>>417628
>>417629
Iruka's feeling a little under-prepared looking at the futuristic soldier and the man wearing enough bones to make a whole other person.

She stands a little off to the side, looking out over the view of the Elder's Recess, glancing occasionally at Naya.

I've made it this far. Now's the chance to make a good impression. Can't let the dojo down.

 No.417762

File: 1602237498861.png (1.33 MB,1280x720)

>>417628
You'd be surprised. Apparently. Besides, it gets bigger.
He's not wrong

>>417629
Grumbles about how every Dick, Dick, and Dick has to cop an attitude
I'm not retarded, bonebag. I'm just as wary as anyone else is about all this.

>>417761
Sam's tone softens considerably as he talks to Iruka. Since she looks CONSIDERABLY out of place
You gonna be okay, kid? Don't feel bad if you feel the need to hang back.

 No.417809

File: 1602315125177.jpg (371.25 KB,800x800)

>>417629

Hey, that spooky armor of yours is getting a LOOK from Naya.

Not really a 'oh my god that's horrifying' look though. Maybe the demon head in the jar, that's a little gross. But the bones and the ram skull helm?

Hey, I didn't say it before, but nice armor!

Armor encrusted with bones and stuff like that is just par for the course where she's from.

>>417761

You alright over there, dolphin girl?

'Cause hairpin.

C'mon over, no need to be shy.

>>417762

I mean… how much bigger? 'Cause really, people talk about the guns here, but I've yet to see one that actually looks like it's suitable for hunting the kind of monsters I'm used to.

Even a LBG makes most rifles look puny. But she looks around at the various weapons available.

Hmm… maybe I should have brought my hunting horn…

 No.417810

File: 1602346824818.jpg (119.68 KB,600x937)

>>417809
He's not used to people reacting positively to his existence! Yaaay!
Thank you. It is traditional armor for high ranking priests or Rathma. It seemed fitting for a creature as dangerous as the one we are apparently hunting.
Is your armor dragon scale?
>>417762
>>417761
If you say so…
He will shift his gaze to the person who looks like a schoolgirl
Welcome to the group. Are you a caster or a martial artist?
That's what unarmored people tend to b where he's from. He figures she's probably not a barbarian.

 No.418066

File: 1602502989111.jpg (179.17 KB,800x1173)

>>417625
Iruka turns to stare at the man, or more accurately, her reflection in the man's mask.

Mm. I've hunted beasts before, but their habitats are rarely this… beautiful.

>>417809
Yeah, I'm fine. Just taking in the sights. I've only ever encountered creatures in dark forests or caves.

>>417810
Figures clad in bone are hardly new to Iruka, but fighting alongside one usually is. She takes a brief moment to remind herself that this is someone she can trust her back to.

Martial artist. Kujōin Iruka, student of the Shinkage-ryu style, at your service.

She bows politely, and a sword hung handle pointing down can be seen strapped to her back.

 No.418075

File: 1602551187357-0.png (22.78 MB,3840x2160)

File: 1602551187357-1.png (25.74 MB,3840x2160)

Beautiful is a way to describe the view they get from the south camp.
To one side there's lava, and to the other there's a pretty open area, a group of wingdrakes just kinda hanging out over there.

For a moment, a keen-eyed hunter might spot a larger beast slinking past way down there as well, walking from one cave to the other. It's got large horns, and a pair of wings seemingly covered in needles draped over its body. Though at this distance, the needles might be mistaken for fur.

Anyway, there's a blue chest at the camp ! It contains some hunting supplies, including a couple of first-aid kits, rations, and 「cold drinks」 for everyone.

 No.418094

File: 1602555161886.png (1.25 MB,1280x720)

>>417809
Look, don't worry about me. Whatever my guns can't handle, this suit can. And whatever it can't, well, that's why we're a party, right?

>>417810
Grumbles. GRUMBLES
'CAUSE YOU A BUTTHO'

>>418066
Alright. If you need me, my name's Sam.
And Sam starts referring to the whole group
That goes for all of you. Let's get this done.

>>418075
Huh…It's somethin' to look at, ain't it? Question is, which way's this Xeno'Jiva that we gotta put down?

 No.418107

File: 1602557057838.jpg (247.54 KB,1000x1753)

>>417810

Not quite! Wyvern scale. Flying Wyvern, to be specific… Nargacuga, to be exact.

She's gonna leave out that her armor is basically glamored, no need to go THAT into detail.

>>418066

Well, I'm willing to bet you've never encountered anything like what we're gonna go take on! So I hope you're ready for it. It's definitely gonna be a story to tell later at the hunters hall!

>>418075

You better believe Naya's cracking open this chest and grabbing some stuff! Map, first aid medicine, the cold drinks… yeah, free stuff!

>>418094

Well, yeah. Just be careful not to get carted testing out that suit of yours, yeah? We only get three before the hunt's over, and I'd rather not have to report this quest as a failure.

Naya's gonna POINT!

That way.

 No.418113

File: 1602557760348.jpg (30.06 KB,269x360)

>>418066
Welcome to the group, Ms. Iruka. I am Xul, priest of Rathma. It is nice to meet you. Most martial artists I know prefer fist based weapons, I look forward to seeing them done with a sword.
>>418075
Xul will check out this chest, checking for something like Mana potions. Failing that he will just have a cold drink! Yum yum yum!
>>418094
Have an eye roll @:
>>418107
Ah interesting. Are those creatures from this world, or your home world?
He looks in the direction of the point
Shall we make our way to the beast?

 No.418254

File: 1602643494792.png (429.83 KB,1178x457)

>>418075
It's a little strange… There's life here, but its barren in a weird way.

>>418094
I can hold my own.

She's not trying to be rude, but her nerves make her curt.

>>418107
I won't let you down. I'll be following your lead, Ms. Naya.

>>418113
I'm not unfamiliar with using my hands, but the sword is what I've spent my life studying.

I'd imagine the groups on the move now so they'd be chatting while walking.

What about you? I see a lot of… bones on you but I can't tell how you plan to fight.

 No.418262

File: 1602646919493.png (1.51 MB,1280x720)

>>418107
…No kiddin', huh?
Gonna scan a map real quick to his suit and grab a cold drink. It's probably important, right? He ain't gonna drink it yet, tho'. He don't know what it's for
Well, I'll be careful. At least as much as I can be. Anyway, you look like you know what you're doin' so lead the way, lady.

>>418113
I'mma make a face at you. But you can't see it because of my mask

>>418254
Heh. Sharp. Alright, I'll take your word for it. Gotta stop underestimating people 'cause of how they look 'round here.

 No.418320

File: 1602704087606.jpg (182.75 KB,506x675)

>>418113

Monsters from my world. I've yet to run into a Nargacuga here, or… most of the monsters I'm used to, really.

Naya nods and heads on out!

>>418254

I'll try not to lead you astray, then! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with that sword of yours.

>>418262

Hell yeah she knows the way!

She's keeping an eye out for monsters or the like as she retraces the steps that led to Xeno'jiva's hidey hole the first time. Also keeping an eye out for handy gathering spots!

Some habits never die.

 No.418321

File: 1602705266154-0.jpg (369.7 KB,1100x739)

File: 1602705266154-1.jpg (6.39 KB,48x48)

>>418320
I have only just arrived, but yet to see any familiar demons or angels from my world here.
>>418262
ur a dork
>>418254
Bones are integral to how I fight. I am primarily a summoner and a mage, but I've my poison dagger if I must engage directly, or if there aren't enough slain monsters around.
But if we are moving I suppose it's best I summon one of my Golems.
And at this he will pull out a small knife, not poisoned, and he cut his hand open. As his blood touches the ground and mingles with a the dirt, a hulking creature comprised of flesh and blood will raise out of the ground next to him.

 No.418436

File: 1602737414197.png (129.2 KB,593x328)

>>418262
It's okay. I've been told that I can don the family armor someday if I ever master the sword.

>>418320
Iruka nods nervously, following along in Naya's path. She's noticed Naya's wandering gaze though.

Are you looking for something?

>>418321
I…

Iruka has to take a few seconds to recompose herself.

I've never seen how these are made. Its formation is… a little unsettling.

 No.418454

File: 1602762096700.jpg (164.84 KB,480x720)

>>418320
While Sam pretty much prefers to take point, he knows he's not the expert here and so he follows Naya. He doesn't gather like she do but he is keeping an eye on what she do gather
You been here already, I take it?

>>418321
UR MUM
Neat trick. You do Bar Mitzvahs?

>>418436
No offense, but if you ain't wearin' armor during your training, isn't it gonna make you need to relearn everything when you are wearing armor?…Ah, what do I know, I never used a sword. Closest I got is this.
Holds out his gun which suddenly reshapes itself into a bladed disc launcher

 No.418460

File: 1602784958496.jpg (236.82 KB,453x980)

>>418321

I… that…

She can't comment on his lack of seeing angels or demons because BLOOD GOLEM.

… that doesn't look hygenic.

>>418436

Hmm? Oh, yes! Keeping an eye out for any monsters that might be aggressive on the way. And looking out for gathering nodes. Like right here!

She's gonna pause at a gathering spot to rustle through some kind of vine growth.

Nulberries! You never know when these will come in handy.

>>418454

Yeah. I was part of the expedition that first charted this place, so I have a pretty good idea of the layout already.

We also ran into that Xeno'jiva, but we weren't ready to fight something like that.

 No.418461

File: 1602786394759-0.png (22.55 MB,3840x2160)

File: 1602786394759-1.png (719.75 KB,1034x597)

File: 1602786394759-2.png (80.36 KB,345x186)

Retracing the steps that led to Xeno'jiiva's hidey hole last time leads the group of hunters down into a sizeable cave full of large crystals. There's a lot of those in this place.
There's also a lot of gathering nodes for Naya, plenty of stuff to mine especially !

Off to the side they'll see a huge lizard with a really big chin. It doesn't appear to be aggressive, it's just vibin and eating some rocks.

More ominously, further down the path leading toward Xeno's hidey hole, they might catch a glimpse of a spiky looking tail as the monster it's attached to is making its rounds down the next room straight ahead.

There are other paths to take. Doing so might be an idea.

 No.418464

File: 1602796344009-0.jpg (35.9 KB,300x475)

File: 1602796344009-1.gif (81.06 KB,357x450)

>>418436
Yes, Necromantic arts are not generally pleasant. However they are the only way I know to battle monsters that threaten innocents, so I use them.
>>418460
Xul shrugs
It is a creation of blood and earth, so it is probably not. However not knowing the elemental resistances and weakness of what we hunt, it will prove useful initially.
>>418454
Presumably that is a very cutting insult, but sadly those words mean nothing to me, so… I do not feel very insulted.
>>418461
… Interesting.
He pulls out one of the books and makes some notes on the large creature just chillin'
Not a very aggressive being… I wonder if it is guarding something, or simply just existing…

 No.418495

File: 1602850517963.png (182.65 KB,488x582)

>>418454
It's not too different. I've trained in armor before, and it's below my station as of now.

>>418460
Nulberries? They don't look particularly null.

>>418461
Iruka seems quite taken with the fat lizard


It's adorable…

>>418464
I see. I've met necromancers before, but they rarely used golems made of flesh.

 No.418497

File: 1602851162106.png (1.86 MB,1280x720)

>>418460
Huh. So you've already seen this thing, then. Considering the warning on this mission was that it can cause calamity and all that shit, what kinda chance you think we got?

>>418464
Th'fuck?…No, it's not an insult!
You silly undead FUCK

>>418495
Oh…See, this is what I meant by "what do I know."

>>418461
Is that thing eating rocks?…That's kinda hardcore.
HE'S A GOOD BOY
Anyway hey look at that tail. Though maintaining proper trigger discipline, Sam gets a bit twitchy seeing that go around the corner
Well don't that look unfriendly…

 No.418510

File: 1602869850697.png (1.01 MB,800x1218)

>>418461

Awwwww it's eating rocks!

WE SHOULD MURDER THE DERPY LITTLE SHIT.

>>418464

That's still kinda… uh… w-well, hey, if it works, right? Besides, it's not half as gross as a Khezu.

Seriously, Khezu can fuck right off.

>>418495

You might still take a few. Trust me, if this monster winds up inflicting any Blights on us, you'll be glad you have them.

Xeno doesn't do any status ailments, but Naya doesn't know that.

>>418497

To tell you the truth, I'm not all that worried. We know the scope of what it is we're going after this time. That makes things a lot different from just stumbling on it without a clue.

She looks over this Dodogam… I mean… unknown chin lizard!

It doesn't look hostile. Probably as long as we leave it alone, it won't give us any trouble. Whatever that belongs to, though…

'Cause she saw that tail too.

… probably isn't gonna be all that friendly.

 No.418515

File: 1602875782962-0.jpg (21.01 KB,375x266)

File: 1602875782962-1.png (2.21 MB,1920x1080)

>>418464
Just kinda existing over here, enjoying some rocks.

>>418495
:3

>>418497
>>418510
Do NOT bully the unknown chin lizard
Naya and Sam might be on to something about the owner of the tail being decidedly unfriendly, though.
It's also in the way if the hunters keep retracing Naya's steps, but there may be another path to the little cave entrance they stumbled upon last time.

 No.418522

File: 1602881759834-0.jpg (25.4 KB,500x500)

File: 1602881759834-1.jpg (6.14 KB,48x48)

File: 1602881759834-2.jpg (10.14 KB,172x294)

>>418495
Technically this one is a Blood Golem. Flesh Golems are an altogether darker art that I've never had the need to dip into…
>>418510
Khezu? Is that also some kind of undead construct?
>>418515
>>418497
Well, I'm going to assume our quarry is that way then.
He gestures vaguely towards the path of the spike tail monster
We came to hunt a monster, may as well start with that one.
With that he'll wave his arm, casting bone armor! Shards of bone will fly up from all around and surround him, adding a bit more damage resistance to himself! The blood golem will turn to face the path, but won't move until the group has made a derision.

 No.418555

File: 1602900523817.png (73.41 KB,534x347)

>>418497
The nuances of sword styles are very complex. A lot of people are just as surprised as you are.

>>418510
Blights, nulberries. Okay.

Iruka grabs what she can, but not before snacking on one.

>>418515
Iruka wants to pet the lizard but imagines the group probably won't like that.

>>418522
Necromancy is more complex than I thought…

She looks quite fascinated at how the bones all managed to form usable armor despite being a mishmash of body parts.

 No.418564

File: 1602907178777.jpg (24.45 KB,460x288)

>>418510
Didn't think so.
The disc launcher changes in Sam's hand to a heavy machine gun as he keeps to Naya's 6

>>418515
I won't, he's a goodest lad
Sam will continue following Naya's lead, whichever direction she goes in

>>418522
Is that how this works? We just slap around something if it looks threatening?
YOU'LL GIVE NAYA REASON TO SLAP AROUND GOODEST BOY
Sam inches away from Xul a bit because he doesn't wanna get dinged by bone shards, regardless of the nothing damage it would do

>>418555
I imagine unknown chin lizard would just eat rocks at Iruka if she pet it. He's a good lad
Well, just as long as I'm not making a tremendous ass outta myself. Kinda lookin' forward to seein' you in action at this point.

 No.418616

File: 1602975411127.jpg (210.22 KB,700x986)

>>418515

YOU'RE SO LUCKY WE'RE HERE FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE AND NAYA DOESN'T WANT TO PUT OFF THE JOB BY DETOURING TO MURDER THIS LIZARD

I WOULDN'T EVEN TAKE CARVES

I JUST WANT IT DEAD

>>418522

Undead… no. But it would probably smell better if it was.

Imagine THAT.

>>418555

The nulberry has a pleasing tart flavor! However, it has no effect whatsoever considering she isn't under any status effects.

>>418564

Well… yeah. We wouldn't want an aggressive monster to be on our trail when we're fighting Xeno'jiva.

If we weren't here for a specific monster, I'd say we should hunt that thing while we're here…

She's pointing out that Dodogama.

I'm curious what kind of gear I could get crafted out of it's parts. But I don't want to wear us out more than necessary before we face Xeno'jiva.

>>418515

Pinging this one again just 'cause but she's kinda addressing everyone.

So the way I see it, we either go after that spikey monster we saw the tail of, or we double around and try to find a safer way around. I don't mind going after that thing, but what do you all think?

 No.418626

File: 1602979738580.jpg (108.18 KB,1024x1024)

>>418616
Bro I am just s
I am just sitting here

>>418522
Bold moves

>>418564
>>418616
As far as (possibly) safer routes go, there's a couple !
One option is to jump off a cliff onto a crystal bridge, leading to a pair of very hot rooms. You can see the lava flowing and heatwaves from here !
Another option is a path leading further down to a hot ass room full of lava.
The third option is a path leading up and out of the caves.

 No.418630

File: 1602980367726-0.jpg (56.39 KB,900x507)

File: 1602980367726-1.jpg (39.17 KB,563x797)

>>418555
There is quite a lot to it, I spent many years studying it before I was even allowed to fight demons using it.
>>418564
Pretty much. If something shows itself to be a threat it is best to dispatch it so it does not return to surprise you later.
>>418616
I do not think our chubby rock munching friend is very likely to cause us issue. Best live and let live, peaceful creatures are a rare sight.
>>418626
Well our options seem to be a lava room,jumping off a cliff, leaving the caves, or going towards the spiked monster. I vote fighting the monster.

 No.418690

File: 1602997418369.png (968.48 KB,1300x817)

>>418564
I… Don't expect too much from me. Please.

>>418616
This berry is tasty. If you think it's a good idea to fight that spiky thing I'm more than happy to follow your lead.

>>418630
Demons? Wow… Everyone here is so experienced. I hear demons are extremely dangerous prey.

 No.418691

File: 1602999718746.png (143.16 KB,320x320)

>>418616
STOP THREATENING DODO
…I dunno if I could. I mean, Jay Leno there's just kinda minding his own business.
Sam is, in fact, going to WAVE to Dodogama

>>418626
…We're gonna need to take lava routes, aren't we? For the record, I am staunchly against falling into lava pools. I have an allergy.

>>418630
Well, whatever has that tail looks unfriendly as shit and it probably is something that's gonna sneak up on us while we're raising a ruckus with Xeno'Jiva.

>>418690
Iruka saying all "don't expect much of me" and then being all like "DEMONS ARE PREY!" Fuckin' hell

 No.418750

File: 1603070096743.jpg (988.39 KB,900x1200)

>>418626

FUCK YOU

YOUR EYES ARE DOPEY AS FUCK AND I HATE YOU

>>418630

Well, that's one solid vote for Spikey McSpikerson.

>>418690

Iruka is gonna get a solid pat on her shoulder!

Hey, you're part of this team for a good reason! I'm expecting as much out of you as I am out of myself.

Nod!

Yeah, just hang onto those. If you get hit with a status blight, snack one down and it should set you right at rain.

Just not poison.

Or defense down.

>>418691

Two solid votes for Spikey, and that's good enough for me. Let's see what this thing's got.

And off she goes! She is heading in the direction she saw that tail vanish off to!

>>418626

AND LAMENTING THAT YOUR DUMB ASS IS STILL BREATHING!

 No.418759

File: 1603071983855.jpg (71.18 KB,1024x594)

>>418630
>>418690
>>418691
>>418750
As the hunters make their way into the next room, they're met with a bigger, badder, ominous looking dragon.
To their advantage it doesn't take notice right away, but it is scanning around the room…

 No.418761

File: 1603072773239-0.jpg (562.21 KB,1000x1352)

File: 1603072773239-1.jpg (5.76 KB,48x48)

File: 1603072773239-2.jpg (382.6 KB,1108x1600)

>>418690
Depends on the demon. Some are very stupid and easy to take out.
>>418750
>>418691
Xul heads off towards the dragon, having his blood golem go up towards the front of the party
>>418759
Upon entering the room, Xul will cast dim vision on this dragon! This curse reduces the visual and hearing radius of the target by several yards, allowing the party to whisper without being detected, and keep them out of site until they move closer. He lowers his voice
Well point man, I think the opening move is yours…
The Blood Golem will stand ready to fight, and will charge in once the party starts combat!

 No.418773

File: 1603077330086.png (402.92 KB,849x1200)

>>418761
>>418759
>>418750
>>418691
Iruka peeks out behind the golem at the big lizard. Taking a deep breath to ease her racing heart, she turns back to the team, waiting to see what the plan of attack is going to be.

 No.418779

File: 1603081437834.jpg (575.66 KB,1508x900)

>>418750
And Sam is following Naya. Right on her butt. And it is a nice butt, too

>>418759
Sam, VERY QUICKLY, goes for cover behind any sort of rock or outcropping he can find to stay out of sight
He's also fiddling with a grenade, looking to Naya and holding it up as though requesting permission to start this party

>>418761
Sam will assume Xul is speaking to Naya. Who has been taking the lead this whole time

>>418773
TAKE IT EASY YOU ARE PRECIOUS

 No.418786

File: 1603098145460.png (505.24 KB,746x680)

>>418759

Well.

FUCK.

That thing… looks a lot meaner than the last thing I fought here. Or that rock eating lizard.

Naya is keeping her voice down, of course.

>>418761
>>418773
>>418779

It is a very choice ass.

Naya is gonna nod her agreement with Xul.

Yeah… we'll let Sam start us off. I'll go in and go for it's head. Try and time whatever it is you've got planned for just before I get there, yeah?

Naya takes a moment to chug a Mega Demondrug and Mega Armorskin… she doesn't feel like taking chances with this thing. Then a quick drink of Dash Juice to be safe.

Alright… here we go.

She takes her hammer off her back and winds it back to charge up for a big hit! While charging, naturally, she's gonna start running on out towards this Nergigante! It's not exactly a lance charge, so she isn't making her way there with any particularly impressive speed.

With the Dim Vision curse, she should be able to get pretty close before being detected. And Sam should be making their presence plenty known before she has to worry about that anyways.

 No.418812

File: 1603142943836.jpg (1.07 MB,1920x1080)

>>418761
>>418773
>>418779
>>418786
Thanks to Xul's curse, Naya is indeed able to safely get pretty close to the spiky boi.
Had Xul not been there with his curse the party might already be pin cushions, but the dragon doesn't take notice just yet.

 No.418815

File: 1603149100923-0.jpg (49.75 KB,900x394)

File: 1603149100923-1.jpg (6.1 KB,48x48)

File: 1603149100923-2.jpg (313.25 KB,1920x1080)

>>418786
Xul nods at the plan
>>418773
Keeping an eye on you just in case.
>>418779
He was talking to you. Read your own guild paper work @:
Hold on…
Xul will hold his hand up, counting down as the party makes their way up!
2… 1…
Do it.
As Sam hopfully throws his grenade, the Dim Vision curse will wear off!
>>418812
As soon as Dim Vision goes away, Xul will cast a second curse, this time Amplify Damage. This curse causes wounds delt to the target to age faster, making ordinary attacks damage harder, and causing any cuts or wounds caused by these attacks to fester.

Blood Golem is running up along side of Naya, once they reach the it will attemt to strike the dragon with a powerful uppercut from one of it's clawed hands! (This will be the dice roll) (The Die roll was 11, Editing a jerk)

 No.419030

File: 1603357916330.png (411.16 KB,1197x356)

>>418779
>>418786
>>418812
>>418815
As the party charges forward, Iruka moves quickly to the right, flanking the dragon.

Seeing the party begin the offense, Iruka's going for a lightning fast cut for the Nergi's tail!

 No.419031

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 11

i forget how to do this no matter how many times i do

 No.419032

File: 1603374590833.jpg (164.84 KB,480x720)

>>418786
>>418812
>>418815
Sam smirks under his helmet and tosses the grenade, aimed at the Nergigante's back, between the wings. The instant it goes off, and boy does it go off, Sam's going to jump out from behind his cover and start his own charge. Since Naya and the golem CLEARLY are going for the head, Sam doesn't do anything (aside from throwing a FUCKING grenade) that might cause that head to move too much for now

>>419030
The kid's quick!

 No.419074

File: 1603421394694.jpg (271.19 KB,720x1000)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 17

>>418812
>>418815
>>419030
>>419031
>>419032

Hell yeah, I love it when a plan comes together.

Upon getting up in this Nergi's face, and with a grenade going off and Iruka going for the tail, and the blood golem doing GROSS GOLEM THINGS, Naya is going to do the only sensible thing for a hammer user to do in this situation.

She's gonna SPIIIIIIIIN!

To be more specific she's doing that nice hammer whirlwind attack to try and score a number of brutal strikes on Nergigante's head.

 No.419129

File: 1603504082950.jpg (173.59 KB,969x825)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 17

>>418815
>>419030
>>419032
>>419074
Wow rude on all accounts. It's gonna take a lot more than that to send Nergigante away though.

As is customary of monsters, once Dim Vision falls off and the dragon notices the party, it roars loudly ! Loudly enough to stun anyone within melee to medium range unless they're wearing earplugs.

But does it roar soon enough to stop any of the incoming attacks, or does it just bother the upcoming turn ? That'll be what the dice roll is for.

 No.419131

File: 1603507664698-0.png (404.01 KB,540x663)

File: 1603507664698-1.jpg (5.71 KB,48x48)

File: 1603507664698-2.jpg (121.71 KB,640x480)

File: 1603507664698-3.jpg (313.25 KB,1920x1080)

>>419129
Jokes on you, Blood Golems don't even have ears! It's gonna go through with it's full attack undeterred

Xul Meanwhile, being out of range of the roar will cast Poison nova, sending out a wave of power that corrupts the very air around him, aimed at the dragon! The altered air will be harmless to the party, but dangerous to any monster in the room (Well as dangerous as a poison attack can be against the monster)
>>419030
>>419032
>>419074
Don't get stunned jerks!

 No.419133

File: 1603515079031.png (172.24 KB,372x558)

>>419032
>>419074
>>419129
>>419131
Iruka's used to the odd monster roar or two, but a beast of this size produces a noise on a completely different scale!

Iruka loses focus, her rhythm interrupted. She falls flat on her ass, shaken by the attack on her ears.

She gets back on her feet, a little stunned. Quick, someone get her back to her senses!

 No.419204

File: 1603584297066.png (1.39 MB,1280x720)

>>419074
SPIN TO WIN
'TIL YA…

>>419129
get stunned by this fucker, I guess
Sam is lucky in that he's wearing a helmet so the roar isn't THAT loud
But unlucky because it's still fucking loud and he can't cover his ears
So his ears aren't gonna bleed but boy howdy, is he gonna recoil from that
Holy shit, the pipes on this asshole!

>>419131
IT'S NOT MY FAULT

>>419133
Still tryin'a recover myself, sorry

 No.419206

File: 1603584889858.jpg (939.5 KB,1000x1000)

>>419129
>>419131
>>419133
>>419204

Well a 17 matches me sooooo

Gaaaahhh!

Naya assumes the traditional 'hands over ears' monster roar position.

I hate when they do that!

 No.419319

File: 1603613566130.jpg (124.89 KB,1024x768)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 10, 2 = 12

>>419131
Rude lookin blood golem. Nergi takes the uppercut, but retaliates by swiping at the golem with its horns…

>>419206
… Which Naya may or may not also happen to be close enough to be slapped by. I dunno, you decide.

First d20.

>>419133
The big bad dragon also whips its tail to the side at Iruka !

Second d20.

>>419204
You're not in melee range, so you get nothing other than hurty ears for a bit.

 No.419324

File: 1603665113734-0.jpg (70.73 KB,760x270)

File: 1603665113734-1.jpg (6.07 KB,48x48)

File: 1603665113734-2.jpg (382.6 KB,1108x1600)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 20, 17 = 37

>>419319
>>419206
>>419204
>>419133
The Golem makes no attempt to get out of the way of the horns and will be stabbed by them! But I think with the 10, the Golem will take the full hit allowing Naya to be unscathed!
Blood Golem keeps up it's assault, slicing at the dragons face. The damage doesn't seem to hamper it's ability to fight by much, as it doesn't actually feel pain.

Meanwhile Xul will allow the Amplify Damage curse to wear off, and instead of recasting it he will replace it with Weaken, which will take place after it has performed it's attacks for the turn. This curse reduces the targets ability to damage by a third.
'Why would I need to know a silencing curse' I said. 'Surly I'd be better studying directly harmful curses' I said…

Also the poison nova should reach the Dragon at this point

(First die is damage roll for first attack (+3 for the Amp Damage Curse), Second die is for the second strike (-1 for the horns dug into it))

 No.419702

File: 1603968401216.png (43.17 KB,786x546)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 16

>>419204
>>419206
>>419319
>>419324
What a hairy situation Iruka's found herself in. Luckily, she manages to come to her senses and dodge the incoming tail with ease.

Flipping backwards and springing onto her feet, she lunges at the tail, aiming for a revenge cut!

 No.419704

File: 1603990676197.jpg (192.71 KB,1000x563)

>>419206
>>419319
>>419324
>>419702
Once Sam has gotten the ringing out of his ears, he activates his roomazoomzoom jets in his legs, sliding across the area to start strafing along the side of NERG with heavy machine gun fire. This particular gun is meant for heavy metal targets so let's see what it does to Nergi's scaly ass

 No.419829

File: 1604073137246.jpg (122.05 KB,600x917)

>>419319

Look, Naya HAS to be close enough to get slapped by horns. It's the law.

Aaah!

At least she's no longer stuck covering her ears, right?

But she IS getting sent flying.

>>419324
>>419702
>>419704

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

 No.419929

File: 1604194942905.png (773.71 KB,1024x1219)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 15, 4 = 19

>>419324
Ow that hurts a lot !
The dragon doesn't like this blood golem, but it doesn't seem particularly deterred by it. The damage makes it angrier !

>>419702
May or may not by outta this by virtue of what Nergi is about to do. First die !

>>419704
Your bullets hurt and I'm gonna charge right at you.
Nergi charges at Sam and sorta turns sideways in a roll to hip check his whole ass !
Second die

>>419829
Wow I can't believe Naya didn't even fade slas- oh right, hammers

 No.419930

File: 1604195722334-0.jpg (39.17 KB,563x797)

File: 1604195722334-1.jpg (184.51 KB,788x1014)

File: 1604195722334-2.jpg (6.14 KB,48x48)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 9

>>419929
>>419702
>>419829
>>419704
The Golem will give chase. It would taunt if it had a mouth… or brain. But as it stands it just runs towards the dragon
Stop moving around…
Xul will cast bone spirt, calling forth a powerful revenant which will dart towards the Dragon, and if it is able to make contact will attempt to rip away a piece of his soul and drag it to the plane of the deadrealm

 No.419941

File: 1604211696842.png (54.6 KB,619x338)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 11

>>419829
>>419829
>>419929
>>419930
Looks like a hit, only if barely!

Iruka lands a solid cut, her blade flashing as it slices into the tail before Nergi charges away!

Tch.

Unsatisfied, she charges back at the Nergi! She's laser focussed on that tail, going for more cuts!

 No.419942

File: 1604213476055.png (1.79 MB,1280x720)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 20, 5 = 25

>>419829
>>419929
lol nice fucking roll. Watch me as I make use of my AUGMENTED REACTIONS to kick right the fuck off of this INCOMING HIP CHECK and hopefully catch this Naya before she hits the ground
Yes, I know Naya would be fine. Sam doesn't
First roll for the kick-off, second for the catch

>>419930
>>419941
You guys are doing great, keep it up

 No.420424

File: 1604763854663.jpg (448.18 KB,667x1000)

>>419929

Hammers can't fade slash, ya dinkus!

Thanks for not killing me while I'm down though.

>>419930

Golem is cool, I'll buy him a Tanzian Ale later.

>>419941

Fade slash, FADE SLASH!

>>419942

lol nice fucking roll… that second one anyways, which definitely does not catch Naya.

So she hits the ground and rolls for a bit before stopping!

Guh… ow… okay, he hits REALLY hard!

Naya's gonna get up to her feet and… chug a Mega Potion! Give her a minute, she needs to FLEX after she finishes drinking 'cause she is an old school Hunter.

 No.420425

File: 1604768577277.jpg (68.27 KB,600x849)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 11

>>419930
That hurts !
That hurts A LOT !
OW

>>419941
So does that !

>>419942
Nice kick-off, but you missed the catch big time.

>>420424
*But does she FLEX quickly enough ?

Between Xul's skull eating some of its soul, Iruka cutting at its tail, and Sam kicking its face in, Nergigante is quite unhappy.
In fact, Nergigante is very, very unhappy.

So he ROARS once again as the previously white spikes on his body turn all black and shiny, hardening up !
Once again, roll to see whether the roar interrupts anything this turn or if it just locks down melee and medium range people without earplugs next turn.

 No.420428

File: 1604792067960-0.jpg (20.17 KB,540x309)

File: 1604792067960-1.png (95.72 KB,340x191)

File: 1604792067960-2.jpg (6 KB,48x48)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 1, 3 = 4

>>420425
Golem Will continue to not have ears or a brain, and will come in with another swipe of it's claws, ignoring the roar. First Die!
Xul will watch these spikes harden, while still out of range of the roar
It's starting to resemble a Quillback… I wonder if it will attack in a similar way. Either way, it would be best to pull attention to myself, it seems.
Xul will switch to casting bone spear. A long shaft of bone will fly forward from Xul's hand towards the dragon! He's not actually aiming to hit anything vital, he's simply trying to pull it's attention to him. Second die! He will also yell to bolster this attention grabbing. He's not a barbarian, so he's not… ya know, great at taunting, but still!
I get it, you are very loud. You can stop doing that now…
>>420424
>>419941
>>419942
Pls resist stun this time guies!

 No.420577

File: 1604994337159.png (408.85 KB,1203x436)

>>420424
FADE SLASH? FADE SLASH!

>>419942
>>420425
>>420428
Iruka recognises the Nergigante's tell as it goes to roar. Seeing a look from Naya, Iruka instinctively acts, pulling back into a fade slash!

Hopefully her roll is high enough to have parried the roar! Otherwise she's going to look a little stupid.

 No.420578

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 4

>>420577
where is my rooollllll

 No.420579

File: 1605002097985.png (1.6 MB,1280x720)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 3

>>420424
I tried, I am so sorry
Fuck me! Hey, you okay?!

>>420425
I DIIIIIIIIIID!
I rolled a fucking 20 on that launch so I imagine he's a fair distance
Well, he's going to turn his BLADE system into a rocket launcher and fire a rocket (not pictured, I'm sorry) directly at the side of Nergigante's BIG UGLY STUPID FACE

>>420428
I have big boom

>>420577
Please stay at the tail and don't get hit by a rocket, thx u

 No.420624

File: 1605106134179.jpg (488.08 KB,800x834)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 5, 11 = 16

>>420425

Fuck's sake don't interrupt my potion! Deafen me while I'm flexing, sure, but don't stop the potion.

Rolling for that! First die

>>420428

Bro I am trying.

>>420577

Hell yeah, FADE SLASH!

You tried, at least.

>>420579

Yeah, yeah! Nothing a mega potion can't fix!

As long as she got to DRINK IT.

>>420425

Hey, assuming that first die was good enough to prevent forcing her to cover her ears, Naya is then going to pull back her hammer to charge up a swing for this fuckers head! She'll have to run a little closer for it, but that shouldn't be a problem. Second die to start bashing this fucker in the head! Again assuming the first was up to the task.

 No.420853

File: 1605366362703.jpg (65.97 KB,965x828)

Dice rollRolled 3d20: 3, 20, 5 = 28

>>420428
>>420577
>>420579
>>420624
Wow you guys aren't doing too hot
Iruka missed her fade slash, Sam (probably, first die just for good measure) couldn't hit the long side of a barn, Naya missed her potion, and… Whatever that first crit fail was from Xul, jeez
But Xul gets the second die just to see if his bone spear hits at all

Whatever the case may be, Nergi wants to maul the nearest hunter, and that happens to be Naya ! He rushes to close whatever distance there is between them, then jumps to slam his claws down on her !
Third die

 No.420855

File: 1605369234580-0.jpg (39.17 KB,563x797)

File: 1605369234580-1.jpg (254.9 KB,707x1000)

File: 1605369234580-2.jpg (6.31 KB,48x48)

File: 1605369234580-3.jpg (214.27 KB,500x375)

>>420853
The blood golem misses and falls on it's face! It's gonna spend this turn trying to scramble to it's feet!
seeing the beast charge for Naya, Xul will cast Bone Wall, which calls on the spirits of anything that has ever died in the are, collecting their fossilized remains and causes a wall of bone to burst out of the ground between the dragon and his target.

 No.421099

File: 1605638968083.png (345.46 KB,580x721)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 17

>>420579
AAA WATCH WHERE YOU'RE SHOOTING

>>420624
IM SORRY IM SO SORRY

>>420853
This is unbelievably embarrassing for Iruka. She's lucky to not be the one being mauled right now, but at the same time she's a little insulted that she's not even considered a threat to this lizard.

Time to try something different!

She goes for a running start and leaps, slashing at the monster's back. Will she mount?

 No.421249

File: 1605729687349.png (1.33 MB,1280x720)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 1

>>420624
Having kind of a rough time, ain't ya?

>>420853
>>420855
Xul's got Naya handled so Sam changes his gun back into a ringblade launcher and fires one off at Nergi's BIG FUCKIN' HORNS! It fires at an arc so any obstacles will either be avoided or SLICED THROUGH, depending on how high y'all can jump

>>421099
I'M SORRY, I SHOULD HAVE LOCKED ON

 No.421259

File: 1605737199832.jpg (638.03 KB,1250x1080)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 11

>>420853

Aaagh!

Thankfully she is an OLD SCHOOL HUNTER and her potions take effect all at once, and aren't used up in the first place if they get interrupted.

I hate when they do that!!

and now Nergi is trying to MAUL HER. Oh shit, emergency dodge time!

>>THE REST OF YOU


You all exist.

 No.421390

File: 1605839600618.png (773.71 KB,1024x1219)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 5

>>420855
Nergi crashes into and through the wall !
He's slowed down and tumbles before getting back on his feet.

>>421099
PROBABLY
Rolling though

>>421249
JESUS CHRIST WATCH WHERE YOU'RE SHOOTING

>>421259
You dodged quite successfully !

Nergi takes this turn to get back on his feet after failing through Xul's wall and maybe get mounted in the process.

 No.421466

File: 1605890299522-0.jpg (313.25 KB,1920x1080)

File: 1605890299522-1.jpg (6.1 KB,48x48)

File: 1605890299522-2.jpg (49.75 KB,900x394)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 15

>>421390
After Nergi crashes into the wall, the blood golem will come charging in, once again going for an uppercut with it's big sharp bone claws
Xul meanwhile recast Amplify Damage, hoping that this time everyone's attacks manage to hit

 No.421647

File: 1606147967005.png (556.86 KB,952x871)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 10

>>421249
WATCH WHERE YOU'RE SHOOTING

>>421390
Iruka 's just as surprised as the beast. She didn't think she'd get this far in the first place. But now's not the time for hesitation!

She drives her blade into the creature's back, hoping for some kind of effect!

 No.421653

File: 1606159979743-0.png (1.87 MB,1280x720)

File: 1606159979743-1.png (1.89 MB,1280x720)

File: 1606159979743-2.png (1.86 MB,1280x720)

>>421259
>>421390
>>421466
>>421647
I'M SORRY
Anyway, you know how it's good etiquette not to attack while the monster is mounted?
Sam's going to not shoot Nergi at risk of shooting Iruka. Iruka's a good girl and Sam would feel VERY BAD for shooting her. So he's gonna take a moment to light up and take a puff before throwing the cig butt away

 No.421972

File: 1606507434672.jpg (236.82 KB,453x980)

>>421390
>>421466
>>421647
>>421653

Strictly speaking that was only bad etiquette in like one game because attacking the monster would knock the mounting hunter off of the monster.

In GU and World it's A-OK. Encouraged, even.

HEY I'M GONNA CHUG THIS FUCKING POTION NOW.

 No.422054

File: 1606564954489.jpg (75.42 KB,1103x725)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 13, 13 = 26

>>421466
That hurts !
Nergi is more than a little pissed off and being punched in the face does nothing to calm him. Rather, as he's thrashing about with Iruka on top of him he's going to swing his horns at the golem !
First die

>>421647
This hurts too !
It also doesn't do anything to calm the dragon, but with her sword stuck in him Iruka might have something to hold on to.
She's gonna need it as he rams straight into the nearest wall in an attempt to get her off !

>>421653
>>421972
Don't be in the way when I smash into that wall over there !
Second die to see if he's smashing in y'all's general direction.

 No.422058

File: 1606607536827-0.jpg (10.14 KB,172x294)

File: 1606607536827-1.jpg (5.77 KB,48x48)

File: 1606607536827-2.jpg (49.07 KB,800x1092)

Dice rollRolled 2d20: 6, 20 = 26

>>422054
The golem will be gored by these horns, and it will attempt to grab them. Roll!
Xul meanwhile will cast Poison explosion, once again launching poison in the direction of the dargon. Die 2!
>>421972
>>421653
>>421647

 No.422452

File: 1606932440159.jpg (179.17 KB,800x1173)

Dice rollRolled 1d20: 8

>>422054
Uh oh

Hold on tight, Iruka!

Iruka will grip on to the sword and brace for impact. The proper decision would be to bail here but theres no way in hell that she's losing her sword.

Ride or die!

 No.422485

File: 1606959205707.jpg (119.23 KB,1280x720)

>>421972
>>422054
Naya ain't never gonna get her sipp
Sam's gonna grab Naya suddenly and jump away from the incoming SMASHY DARGON
Naya probably oughta roll to see how much of the potion she saved in the process

>>422058
Man, being a necromancer is messy, innit?

>>422452
NO, IT'S RIDE OR FALL OFF, DON'T DIE



[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ rp / rpm / rpg / erp ] [ fgo ] [ info ] [ manage ]